- Data Mining
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Network Science
- Complex Systems
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence
Current Research Programs
- Trustworthy Network Science: As the use of ML algorithms in network science grows, so do the issues of explainability, transparency, fairness, robustness, etc. We address issues of trustworthy ML in network science.
- Just Machine Learning: ML systems are not islands. They are part of broader complex systems. To understand and mitigate the risks and harms of using ML, we remove our optimization blinders and study the broader complex systems in which ML systems operate.
Members as of 2023-24
For a list of alumni, see the Advising & Mentoring Section of this document.
Funders Since 2010 (in Alphabetical Order)
- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
- Army Research Lab (ARL)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- DOD's Multidisciplinary University Research Initiative (MURI)
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory (MITLL)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Northeastern University (NU)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Volkswagen Foundation
- Washington Post Labs (WaPo labs)